No Charges for Seven Jackson Doctors

Investigators probing singer’s death clear physicians; Conrad Murray not one of them

Last Updated: July 29, 2010 @ 7:17 AM

Investigators in Los Angeles probing the death of Michael Jackson will not file charges against seven doctors who treated him.

A spokesperson for Attorney General Jerry Brown's Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement told the Associated Press that one unnamed doctor has been referred to the California Medical Board for prescribing drugs to “a Jackson alias.”

Conrad Murray – who pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the singer’s 2009 death — was not among the seven doctors involved in the state investigation.

If found guilty, Murray, whose next hearing in the criminal case is on Aug. 23, faces a prison sentence of up to four years.

Last month, Joe Jackson filed a wrongful death suit against Murray on the first anniversary of his son's death.

The D.E.A. has also halted its investigation of Jackson’s doctors, according to the AP.

"I am very disappointed," said Brian Oxman, Joe Jackson’s attorney. "The misuse of medications by Michael Jackson in the last years of his life was excessive and to fail to bring that to the public eye is ignoring reality."

Keep
Reading...

Looks like you’re enjoying reading
Keep reading by creating
a free account or logging in.