Pauley Perrette’s Alleged Attacker Faces 4 Years in Prison

Homeless man charged with making a criminal threat and false imprisonment by violence

A homeless man who allegedly attacked “NCIS” star Pauley Perrette in Hollywood last week has been charged and faces up to four years in state prison if convicted, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office said Monday.

David Merck, 45, is accused of grabbing the actress, punching her and threatening to kill her. He’s been charged with one felony count each of making a criminal threat and false imprisonment by violence.

The Los Angeles Police Department is still investigating the case.

Perrette recounted the alleged attack on Twitter Friday, writing, “He grabbed me so forcefully, pinned my arm, punched me in the nose, forehead repeatedly telling me he was going to kill me. Then he showed me how he was going to kill me.”

The actress said that her alleged assailant identified himself as William during the encounter.

Perrette used the occasion to stump for better mental health care, writing in her post, “We need full mental health care. We need housing and help for the homeless. We need to support our cops. We need to not walk alone. I need to heal.”

Pamela Chelin contributed to this report.

Keep
Reading...

Looks like you’re enjoying reading
Keep reading by creating
a free account or logging in.