In his first interview since his arrest last month, singer R. Kelly steadfastly denied that he sexually abused four women.
In an exclusive interview in Chicago with CBS News, a tearful Kelly told Gayle King: “I didn’t do this stuff. This is not me. I am fighting for my f—g life!”
A defiant Kelly also denied other accusations stemming from the recent documentary “Surviving R. Kelly,” including holding women against their will, dismissing the accusations as “rumors.”
“How stupid would I be to do that?” he said. “Use your common sense!”
Kelly also said, “Whether they’re old rumors, new rumors, future rumors, not true!”
The interview with King airs Wednesday on “CBS This Morning.” But the network released two clips teasing the upcoming interview on Tuesday.
Last month, Kelly pleaded not guilty to 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse.
His next court date is March 22.
Watch the clips from the interview below.
NEW: R&B singer R. Kelly, charged with aggravated sexual abuse, angrily denied the accusations in a new interview with @GayleKing, insisting the claims are “rumors” & “not true.”
— CBS Evening News (@CBSEveningNews) March 5, 2019