Charlie Sheen is looking to extend his "winning" streak to court, according to Radar Online.
The 45-year-old "Two and a Half Men" actor is rallying his legal resources in preparation for a custody war with soon-to-be ex-wife Brooke Mueller, sources told the site. It said Sheen gathered his legal team together for a meeting on Thursday to discuss the best legal strategy to obtain custody of his twin sons, Bob and Max, who turn two this month.
The boys were removed from Sheen's home and given to Mueller on Tuesday after she won a temporary restraining order against Sheen.
Also read: Is Sheen About to Start Shilling on Twitter?
Radar cited a person close to Sheen who said the actor's general line of attack will be to paint Mueller as a drug abuser who continues to use even though she's now in treatment.
"Charlie will have statements from some of his employees, credible drug experts and friends who are all eyewitnesses to Brooke's drug use within the last week to 10 days," the person said.
Sheen hopes to prove that Mueller is addicted to the prescription pain killer Norco, the site said.
Meanwhile, TMZ reports that Mueller is preparing her own legal offensive against Sheen. Mueller will seek to have Sheen held in contempt of court for discussing her alleged past drug use in the media in violation of the divorce settlement that the pair reached in February, the site said.
On Tuesday, while seeking custody of their sons, Mueller submitted to a judge a text message that appeared to show Sheen calling his manager, Mark Burg, a "stoopid jew pig" and saying he planned to "execute" him. But Sheen said Mueller had actually sent the message, from his phone. He also denied her claim that he threatened to decapitate her.
The couple's marriage, which started in May 2008, unravelled following a Christmas 2009 altercation in Aspen, Colo. Sheen later plea-bargained to misdemeanor third-degree assault. The couple began divorce proceedings in November 2010.
Mueller vacationed with Sheen and his companions Bree Olson and Natalie Kenly last month. During an interview in which he also trashed "Two and a Half Men" creator Chuck Lorre, the actor said of his ex-wife's inclusion on the trip, "There was a huge firestorm about Brooke being part of our crew but where there were four there are now three … Goodbye, Brooke and good luck on your travels. You're going to need it. Badly."
Calls to Sheen and Mueller's attorneys were not immediately returned Thursday.