Roseanne Barr Returns to Twitter After ‘Roseanne’ Cancellation: ‘Don’t Feel Sorry for Me, Guys’

ABC axed actress’ sitcom Tuesday following racially-charged comments

Last Updated: May 29, 2018 @ 9:13 PM

Roseanne Barr doesn’t want your pity over her ABC show’s cancellation.

“Don’t feel sorry for me, guys!!” Barr tweeted Tuesday evening. “I just want to apologize to the hundreds of people, and wonderful writers (all liberal) and talented actors who lost their jobs on my show due to my stupid tweet. I will be on Joe Rogan’s podcast friday.”

Barr also retweeted several stories and user comments in support of her and the very-recently canceled “Roseanne.”

Barr’s return to Twitter comes after she announced earlier in the day she was “leaving” the social media platform following her racially-charged tweet about Valerie Jarrett: “muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj,” Barr wrote in response to a Twitter thread about the former adviser to Barack Obama.

Backlash to the remark was fierce, with ABC deciding to cancel Barr’s sitcom (the No. 1 show on television) just hours after she tried to make amends with a subsequent apology tweet, in which she said her statement about Jarrett was a “joke” that was “in bad taste.”

“Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show,” ABC entertainment president Channing Dungey said in a statement to TheWrap.

Barr was dropped by her talent agency, ICM Partners, Tuesday over the remarks, which they found “disgraceful and unacceptable.”

Meanwhile, Viacom is pulling “Roseanne” reruns from its Paramount Network, TV Land and CMT channels. Laff digital network is also nixing repeats of the sitcom and Hulu has decided to yank episodes of the revival from the streaming platform.

Keep
Reading...

Looks like you’re enjoying reading
Keep reading by creating
a free account or logging in.