San Bernardino Shooter Traveled to Saudi Arabia Before Rampage

Syed Farook went for a month this spring and returned with a wife

Last Updated: December 3, 2015 @ 7:08 AM

One of the shooters in the San Bernardino rampage that killed 14 people traveled to Saudi Arabia for nearly a month this spring and returned with a wife, who ultimately became his co-attacker.

Co-workers of Syed Farook at the San Bernardino County public health department told the Los Angeles Times that the U.S. citizen met Tashfeen Malik online and returned with her after a visit abroad earlier this year.

The couple had a baby and seemed to be living the “American dream,” said Patrick Baccari, who shared a cubicle with Farook.

Baccari said Farook never struck up a conversation; another co-worker, Griselda Reisinger, said Farook was a devout Muslim but didn’t seem suspicious.

“He never struck me as a fanatic, he never struck me as suspicious,” she told the Times.

Co-workers said there had been a baby shower for Malik and Farook at the County’s Public Health Department nearly a month before the two went on a shooting rampage at the Inland Regional Center during a holiday party for the San Bernardino County public health department.

Keep
Reading...

Looks like you’re enjoying reading
Keep reading by creating
a free account or logging in.