Police Investigate Rape Accusations Against ‘Southern Charm’ Star Thomas Ravenel

Unidentified woman says Bravo reality TV star of committed sex offense in January 2015

Last Updated: May 8, 2018 @ 3:32 PM

“Southern Charm” star Thomas Ravenel is being investigated on rape accusations in Charleston, South Carolina according to a police report obtained by TheWrap Tuesday.

In the document filed with the Charleston Police Department Monday, an unidentified Caucasian woman accuses the Bravo reality TV star of “sex offense/forcible rape” during the second week of January 2015.

All additional information in the filing was redacted.

Last week, Ravenel was accused of sexual assault by a woman who says her mother went on a date with him in 2015.

In interviews with various media outlets, real estate agent and model Ashley Perkins said her mother, Debbie Holloway Perkins, met Ravenel on Tinder in October 2015, and was sexually assaulted by the reality star when they went out on a date a few months later.

Perkins told People that Ravenel invited her mother to his home in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, where he held her down, digitally penetrated her and stuck his penis in her face, ignoring her protests.

In a statement to People, Ravenel’s attorney, Richard P. Terbrusch said, “My client enjoys a certain degree of fame and unfortunately has become – unfairly – a target for an individual who has, in my opinion, dubious motivations.”

Ravenel, a former politician who once ran a failed campaign for the U.S. Senate as an Independent, has starred on the Bravo reality series “Southern Charm” since 2014. The fifth season of the show premiered in February.

“Haymaker, the production company for ‘Southern Charm,’ and Bravo take allegations like these very seriously,” NBCU said in a statement to TheWrap Friday. “Haymaker is conducting an investigation, and once all the information is gathered and carefully reviewed, appropriate action will be taken.”

Tony Maglio contributed to this story.