Sorry, “Stranger Things” fans, but it looks like you won’t be venturing into the Upside Down for the third time this Halloween; you’ll have to wait until Summer 2019.
When asked by a reporter during the Television Critics Association press tour Sunday why the Season 3 premiere is delayed until next summer (after the series’ recently-released teaser implied it might be), Netflix’s Vice President of Original Content, Cindy Holland, explained, “Well, it’s a hand-crafted show.”
“You know, the [creators] the Duffer Brothers and [director] Shawn Levy have worked really hard and they understand the stakes are high,” Holland said. “They want to deliver something bigger and better than what they did last year. And so, they really want to take the time to get it right. I think it’s gonna be a fantastic season, it’s gonna be worth the wait.”
Many fans were expecting “Stranger Things 3” to drop this fall, as the streamer launched Season 2 of the twisted Millie Bobby Brown-led series around Halloween last year. However, the first season debuted in July 2016.
Also, the Netflix heavily suggested the series wouldn’t return until Summer 2019 in its recent promo for Season 3, which was also a fake commercial for the Starcourt Mall. The ad said the new shopping center is “coming next summer.” So, don’t say they didn’t sort of warn you.