The winners are in the books at the Television Critics Association’s 33rd annual TCA Awards.
Kristin Chenoweth hosted Saturday’s event, which honored series from “This Is Us” to “Atlanta,” among others. Worth singling out on the individual awards front is actress Carrie Coon, who was recognized for her work on both “Fargo” and “The Leftovers.”
Plus, this year, Hulu earned its first TCA trophy thanks to “The Handmaid’s Tale,” which took the evening’s top trophy. For the second year in a row, FX led the way as the evening’s biggest winner, with three total wins.
“This was one of the most diverse seasons in recent memory, offering a wide range of programming that truly had a little something for everyone,” said Amber Dowling, TCA president. “It also treated us to some incredible performances and eclectic plotlines that challenged us, moved us, and thrilled us, reinvigorating the television landscape with bold and innovative subjects that we had rarely seen before.”
The below results were determined from votes cast by the TCA’s membership, comprised of more than 220 professional TV critics and journalists from the United States and Canada.
Each summer, the TCA awards take place in the Beverly Hilton hotel’s International Ballroom.
Here is the full list of 2017 winners:
- Individual Achievement in Drama: Carrie Coon (THE LEFTOVERS & FARGO, HBO & FX)
- Individual Achievement in Comedy: Donald Glover (ATLANTA, FX)
- Outstanding Achievement in News and Information: O.J.: MADE IN AMERICA (ESPN)
- Outstanding Achievement in Reality Programming: LEAH REMINI: SCIENTOLOGY AND THE AFTERMATH (A&E)
- Outstanding Achievement in Youth Programming: SPEECHLESS (ABC)
- Outstanding New Program: THIS IS US (NBC)
- Outstanding Achievement in Movies, Miniseries and Specials: BIG LITTLE LIES (HBO)
- Outstanding Achievement in Drama: THE HANDMAID’S TALE (Hulu)
- Outstanding Achievement in Comedy: ATLANTA (FX)
- Program of the Year: THE HANDMAID’S TALE (Hulu)
- Career Achievement Award: Ken Burns
- Heritage Award: SEINFELD (NBC)
Past TCA Award winners are listed on the organization’s official website here.