‘The Cosby Show’ Reruns Still Available on Amazon Prime One Week After Guilty Verdict

Major cable networks all pulled the landmark sitcom in wake of star’s sexual assault scandal

Last Updated: May 3, 2018 @ 11:36 AM

Well, if you are still interested in watching old episodes of “The Cosby Show” — as well as “The Bill Cosby Show” and “Cosby” — we know where you can find them. One week after Bill Cosby was found guilty on three counts of aggravated indecent assault, these sitcoms are still available for streaming on Amazon Prime, here, here and here.

The shows were still accessible on the site as recently as 1:20 p.m. ET Thursday.

Representatives for Amazon did not respond to TheWrap’s multiple requests for comment on the programs’ statuses with the streaming service, and whether or not they would be pulled.

As TheWrap previously reported, Bounce TV yanked “The Cosby Show” from its rotation last week on April 26, the day the judgment was made against the comedy icon in court. The cabler had aired the program as recently as 9 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. that same day. It was next scheduled to air the following day in the same time slots, though “The Hughley’s” will now run there instead each weekday.

“Effective immediately, Bounce is pulling ‘The Cosby Show’ from our schedule,” a rep for the network told TheWrap exclusively last Thursday.

Bounce initially picked up reruns of the ’80s and ’90s sitcom in late 2016, citing “popular demand” at the time. The online response to the cable channel’s decision back then was mixed, at best.

TV Land and BET cable network Centric pulled reruns of the show in 2015, after a deposition surfaced in which Cosby said he obtained Quaalude tranquilizers to give to women with whom he wanted to have sex. On the streaming side, Hulu decided not to renew their contract with the show’s production company, Carsey Werner, back in November 2016.

A jury found Cosby guilty last week in his retrial over accusations made by former Temple University employee Andrea Constand. The judge allowed Cosby to be released on bail on Thursday, which CNN reports was in the amount of $1 million. A sentencing date has not yet been set.

Cosby, 80, was re-tried in a Pennsylvania court on three counts of aggravated indecent assault, stemming from Constand’s accusation that the comedian drugged and molested her in 2004 at his home outside of Philadelphia. The jury found him guilty in a unanimous vote on all three counts, after going into deliberations last Wednesday. The trial was in its 14th day when the verdict was handed down.

After the verdict was read, prosecutors argued that Cosby should be held without bail, calling him a flight risk because, they said, he owns a private plane. To this, Cosby exclaimed “he doesn’t have a plane, you a-hole.”

Following, Cosby’s removal from the Television Academy’s website Wednesday, his wife Camille Cosby blasted last week’s sexual assault conviction of her husband, calling it “mob justice.”

In a three-page letter issued Thursday, Cosby’s wife also called for a criminal investigation into what she called an “unethical” prosecution by Kevin Steele, the district attorney in Pennsylvania’s Montgomery County who led the retrial of the case following hung jury on the same charges last summer.