While some fans defended the show, others tore into Evans and LeBlanc. “Chris trying too hard to do Clarkson impression,” one viewer tweeted.
Evans and LeBlanc after taking over for Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May. Clarkson was fired by the BBC after assaulting a “Top Gear” producer, and Hammond and May resigned shortly thereafter.
Read more reactions below.
- Jake Pendleton (@JakePendleton27) May 30, 2016
Apparently I’m going against the majority, but I think the new #TopGear was great.
- Anna (@MeridaLane) May 30, 2016
- Mark Hughes (@mark1980s) May 30, 2016
- Relatable Humour (@TopB4nter) May 29, 2016
If someone had just given Clarkson a steak, we wouldn’t be in this position #TopGear
- OutraJess (@jessicapazjones) May 29, 2016
#topgear – painful to watch…..
- __Avi (@Avi_1989) May 30, 2016
- Rusty (@Rusty_Pole) May 30, 2016
I tried to like the new #TopGear but sadly its not for me and for that reason, i’m out.
- Mon the Biff! (@WBAidan) May 30, 2016
- Liam Sharp (@Liam_Sharp_) May 30, 2016
Dialogue more obviously scripted than before & neither Matt nor Chris can sell it. Chris trying too hard to do Clarkson impression #TopGear
- Sass (@sashajwolf) May 30, 2016
- Ollie Wood (@OllieScouts) May 30, 2016