We've Got Hollywood Covered
|

‘Top Gear’ Host Jeremy Clarkson’s Future Could be Decided Next Week

BBC says it will ”set out further steps“ after the findings are presented

Jeremy Clarkson might soon find out what his fate is on “Top Gear.”

A report on the British host, who was suspended earlier this month after a reported fight with a producer, is expected to arrive next week, the BBC said Thursday.

“Following last week’s suspension of Jeremy Clarkson, [BBC Scotland director] Ken MacQuarrie is now considering the evidence and will report to the Director-General on his findings next week,” the BBC said.

“Once this has been considered, we will set out any further steps,” the U.K. media company added, noting that it “will not be offering further commentary until then.”

Clarkson reportedly tried to punch producer Oisin Tymon in the face during an argument over the lack of hot food. The 54-year-old host, who’s known for making politically incorrect remarks, had previously received a “final warning” from the BBC after he used a racist term last year.

“Top Gear” was pulled from the schedule following Clarkson’s suspension.

Since then, Clarkson has received widespread support from “Top Gear” fans, with a petition demanding his reinstatement causing Change.org to temporarily crash when it received more than 500,000 signatures.

Clarkson appears to be taking the time-out in his stride. He initially joked that the suspension “means I will be able to get to the Chelsea [soccer] match tonight,” and told reporters gathered outside his home that he was “just off to the job centre [unemployment office].”

His co-hosts James May and Richard Hammond have also had some unexpected time off due to the show being on hiatus, and have joked about how they’ve spent the extra time on their hands — such as changing light bulbs, doing plumbing jobs and peeling vegetables.