Trump Joins Mike Pence to Condemn ‘Despicable’ Attempted Attacks on Obama, Clinton and CNN

“We condemn the attempted attacks against fmr Pres Obama, the Clintons, @CNN & others,” Pence says

Last Updated: October 24, 2018 @ 9:45 AM

President Trump and Vice President Mike Pence jointly condemned an attempted attack on CNN Wednesday, saying that the possible explosive device sent to the networks as well as former president Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton were “cowardly” and “despicable.”

“We condemn the attempted attacks against fmr Pres Obama, the Clintons, @CNN & others,” said Pence in a tweet. “These cowardly actions are despicable & have no place in this Country. Grateful for swift response of @SecretService, @FBI & local law enforcement. Those responsible will be brought to justice.”

“I agree wholeheartedly,” Trump added in an unusual quote tweet, suggesting that for now the president would pass on offering his own assessment of the issue on Twitter.

The president will have a public bill signing ceremony later Wednesday where many expect him to address the issue in more detail. Pence’s note declined to mention George Soros — who also received a suspicious package on Monday.

Earlier on air Wednesday, CNN reporter Shimon Prokupecz said the package CNN received could be a “pipe bomb.”

“What raised the alarm bell was when they X-rayed the package they found what looked like metal material, perhaps a pipe bomb. We’ve talked about other pipe bombs or bombs inside of metal construction that’s been delivered at other locations,” said Prokupecz by phone. “Then also we’re being told there were wires. What appeared to be wires inside this package.”

On Wednesday, CNN’s live coverage was abruptly taken off the air after their New York headquarters in the Time Warner center received a suspicious package and was evacuated. Live coverage continued from the D.C. bureau and from the streets of Manhattan.

Keep
Reading...

Looks like you’re enjoying reading
Keep reading by creating
a free account or logging in.