“You will listen to EVERY DAMN WORD WE HAVE TO SAY” about the Sandman’s epic career in comedy
Adam Sandler‘s “Pixels” invades theaters this weekend and the summer movie event has prompted TheWrap to look back at the comic actor’s journey from “The Cosby Show” and MTV’s “Remote Control” to “Saturday Night Live,” after which he quickly became one of Hollywood’s biggest movie stars.
All due respect to the “high-quality H20” of “The Waterboy” and the Donald R. DeCicco scene from “Coneheads,” but neither made this list, which is a testament to Sandler’s incredibly quotable career.
Clearly I’m partial to some of Sandler’s early work on the big screen, which continues to crack me up 20 years after seeing “Billy Madison” for my 11th birthday, but I’ve always appreciated when he tries to do something different, as with “Punch-Drunk Love,” “Reign Over Me,” “Spanglish” and “Funny People.”
Let us know what your favorite Sandler quote is in the comments section below, and check out “Pixels” this weekend in case something stands out that should be on future editions of this list.
1. Billy Madison (3-way tie) - “T-T-T-TODAY JUNIOR!” & “You ain’t cool, unless you pee your pants.” & “Chlorophyll? More like BOREophyll!”
2. Happy Gilmore (tie) – “Why didn’t you just go HOME? That’s your HOME! Are you too good for your HOME? ANSWER ME!” & “The price is wrong, bitch!”
3. Little Nicky – “Popeye’s chicken is fuckin’ awesome!”
4. Punch-Drunk Love – “I have so much strength in me, you have no idea. I have a love in my life. It makes me stronger than anything you can imagine.”
5. The Wedding Singer (tie) – “Well I have a microphone, and you don’t, SO YOU WILL LISTEN TO EVERY DAMN WORD I HAVE TO SAY!” & “We’re living in a material world and I am a material girl, or boy.”
6. Big Daddy – “Hey! You just made the biggest mistake of your life, baby. I know you’re gonna be missing me when you have that big, white, wrinkly body on you with his loose skin and old balls. Gross!”
7. Funny People (tie) – “Are you mad that you died at the end of ‘Die Hard?'” & “I don’t know how to fight, I’m a comedian!”
8. I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry – “For the record, every time I laughed at one of your jokes, I was faking it.”
9. Airheads (tie) – “I don’t wanna go to jail. I’m fragile.” & “I ain’t fartin’ on no snare drum.”
10. Bulletproof – “This is a ’70s porno. You know how I can tell? Because the guy’s dick has sideburns.”