The NBA previously said on Friday that Shelly Sterling and the Family Trust agreed not to sue
UPDATE 6/4/14 3:38 p.m.: Donald Sterling is dropping the $1 billion lawsuit filed against the NBA, according to his lawyer Max Blecher. Sterling Family Trust lawyer Bobby Samini told TheWrap that Sterling has also agreed to the $2 billion sale of the Los Angeles Clippers to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.
UPDATE 5/30/14 5:30 p.m.: Donald Sterling filed suit on Friday against the National Basketball Association and Commissioner Adam Silver seeking more than $1 billion in damages.
TheWrap obtained a copy of the lawsuit shortly after the NBA posted a memo announcing the cancellation of the June 3 hearing, which was intended to terminate the Sterlings’ ownership of the team.
The league memo confirmed the team sale to Steve Ballmer, pending league approval. It concluded: “Mrs. Sterling and the Trust also agreed not to sue the NBA and to indemnify the NBA against lawsuits from others, including from Donald Sterling.”
But it appears that Donald Sterling’s lawsuit has not been dropped, and the Sterling Family Trust is included as a Plaintiff.
Earlier on Friday, Donald Sterling’s attorney Max Blecher told TheWrap that Shelly said her estranged husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease earlier this month.
A day before, Shelly struck a deal to sell the Los Angeles Clippers to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer for a record-high $2 billion.
Pamela Chelin contributed to this report