A slew of stars has turned down invites to attend and perform at Donald Trump’s inauguration, but the president-elect says he doesn’t want them there anyway.
In a tweet Thursday night, Trump proclaimed: “The so-called ‘A’ list celebrities are all wanting tixs to the inauguration, but look what they did for Hillary, NOTHING. I want the PEOPLE!”
TV host and model Chrissy Teigen had the perfect sharp-tongued response on behalf of “the people.”
“Hi – we are people,” she tweeted. “You are our president too. I don’t want you to be, but u are. Also we ALL know you are dying without the approval, dear.
The strongly-worded message from Trump slamming Hollywood comes after TheWrap reported that even after his friend and Las Vegas hotelier Steve Wynn promised to deliver Celine Dion for the Jan. 20 festivities, she will not be taking the stage for the inauguration.
The French-Canadian singer is the latest in a long string of celebrities shunning the future POTUS on his biggest night. As TheWrap first reported, Trump’s inaugural team has had a rough time booking A-listers for its inaugural balls. Several high-caliber performers have already publicly rejected requests to take part in the January 20 festivities, including Dion, Brooks, KISS, Elton John, and operatic singer Andrea Bocelli.
A Hollywood insider, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told TheWrap that Wynn had also tried to wrangle country star Garth Brooks for the events in Washington, D.C.
According to another insider, many of those approached have said they do not want to “normalize” Trump’s presidency.
So far the only performers confirmed are the Radio City Rockettes, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and 16-year-old former “America’s Got Talent” alum Jackie Evancho.
But don’t feel sorry for Trump, he doesn’t want any so-called “A” listers there anyway.