Fox News Fires Back at Donald Trump Over His Demand ‘Biased’ Megyn Kelly Skip Next Debate

“Megyn Kelly has no conflict of interest,” cable news network says

Fox News is taking a swipe at Donald Trump after the GOP presidential frontrunner took another shot at Fox News star Megyn Kelly.

Trump made headlines, yet again, when he tweeted Saturday that Kelly “should not be allowed” to moderate Thursday night’s Republican presidential debate because she has a “conflict of interest.”

But Fox disagrees, and in fact thinks The Donald really needs to just chill out.

“Megyn Kelly has no conflict of interest,” a network spokesperson said in a statement to TheWrap. “Donald Trump is just trying to build up the audience for Thursday’s debate, for which we thank him.”

Kelly, Bret Baier and Chris Wallace are set to moderate the GOP showdown in Iowa. It should be interesting, considering the last time Trump and Kelly came face-to-face on a debate stage, things got a little heated.

During the August exchange, Kelly asked Trump about his history of disparaging women by calling them “fat pigs, dogs, slobs, and disgusting animals.”

Trump was not pleased with the question. The next day he went on CNN and bashed Kelly. “You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes,” Trump told CNN anchor Don Lemon, adding that Kelly had “blood coming out of her wherever.”

Since then, the Trump-Kelly spat has continued.

The real estate mogul has called the newswoman “overrated,” while recently Kelly said in an  interview with Vanity Fair that Trump tried to woo her.

The real estate mogul disputed that claim, by calling Kelly “average in every way” and asking “who the hell wants to woo her!”

Presidential Candidates Say the Darndest Things: 17 Wackiest Quotes From the 2016 Campaign

Partners

Featured