Bryan Singer Accuser's Lawyer Says More Sex Abuse Lawsuits Against ‘Hollywood Insiders’ Coming in CA

Bryan Singer Accuser's Lawyer Says More Sex Abuse Lawsuits Against 'Hollywood Insiders' Coming in CA

Accuser Michael Egan (L) is shown with his attorney Jeff Herman (R) on April 17, 2014(Credit: L.A. Ross/TheWrap)

Jeff Herman also confirms to TheWrap that Oscar-winning documentarian Amy Berg is working on a film about Hollywood sex abuse

The attorney for Michael F. Egan III, the man who is suing “X-Men” director Bryan Singer for sexual abuse, says that there is more legal action coming — not just in Hawaii, where the first lawsuit against Singer was filed, but potentially also back in California.

“I'm going to file three more lawsuits Monday in Hawaii alleging three other Hollywood insiders who were participating in the abuses of Mike Egan… did the trips to Hawaii and he was abused there as well,” Jeff Herman, a lawyer who specializes in sex abuse cases, told TheWrap late on Friday.

Also read: Bryan Singer's Lawyer: The 2000 Suit That Didn't Name Director Is a ‘Smoking Gun’

Herman was able to file the suits in Hawaii, he's explained, because the statute of limitations had not yet expired. But he also is evaluating the possibility of bringing up legal action against those that he alleged abused Egan only in California.

“We were able to file these older cases there without any issues at all,” Herman explained. “That's why these cases are getting filed right now. There were other men that we're going to identify in California lawsuits that were not on these Hawaii trips. They won't be a part of these; they'll be in separate lawsuits.”

Also read: Will Bryan Singer Sex Allegations Hurt ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ at Box Office?

The first suit alleges Singer provided Egan with drugs and alcohol and flew him to Hawaii for sex on more than one occasion in 1999 where Singer continued to “anally rape” him, and claims that Egan was not the only underage boy who was abused.

An attorney for Singer said the lawsuit was “completely without merit.”

Also read: ‘X-Men’ Director Bryan Singer Sexual Assault Allegations: Read the Full Lawsuit

“We are very confident that Bryan will be vindicated in this absurd and defamatory lawsuit,” said Martin Singer. “It is obvious that this case was filed in an attempt to get publicity at the time when Bryan’ s new movie is about to open in a few weeks.”

Herman, who has been investigating the abuse cases for around six months, said that he has other clients who will allege being abused in future lawsuits, as well.

“I've been contacted by other victims who were alleging they were abused by other Hollywood industry people, completely unrelated to Mike's case,” Herman said.

Also read: Bryan Singer's Accuser Speaks Out for First Time: I Was ‘Like a Piece of Meat’

In addition, the attorney confirmed reports from earlier on Friday that Oscar-winning documentarian Amy Berg is working on a documentary on Hollywood sex abuse circles, though he was uncertain about the specifics.

“I've heard that for a couple years she's been working on something. I don't know the specifics of it,” he said. “I've encouraged him to cooperate, as well as other victims to cooperate. I think it's great that someone's doing a film on this.”