Workshop will teach attendees how to tell stories over multiple forms of media
Starlight Runner Entertainment is partnering with KidScreen to host a one-day workshop called ‘Transmedia Bootcamp’ on Wednesday, June 2 at the Fairmont Miramar hotel in Santa Monica, CA.
Transmedia storytelling develops a narrative across multiple forms of media, allowing it to unspool across various platforms such as video games, mobile phones, and the Internet.
Starlight CEO and Transmedia Producer Jeff Gomez will guide attendees through a course on using transmedia storytelling technique in kids entertainment.
Gomez has worked on blockbusters such as James Cameron’s "Avatar," "The Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise, and the upcoming "Prince of Persia."
He founded Starlight Runner Entertainment with business partner Mark Pensavalle in 2000. The company has just recently announced a partnership with animation house Curious Pictures to create original transmedia properties.
To register for the program you can visit www.kidscreen.com/transmedia or by calling 416-408-2300 x650.
Here’s the agenda:
9:00 to 9:45
The Power of Transmedia Storytelling
Its history, its value proposition, how Jeff came to embrace it, and the latest industry news as its potential begins to be realized in the entertainment industry.
10:00 to 11:30
Immersion & Incubation
• How to recognize potential candidates for them
• How to fix ones that may be flawed
• How to approach established brands from a transmedia perspective
11:45 to 12:45
• How to break down a new or established property and recapitulate it for transmedia implementation
• How to build a mythology that establishes your property from a platform-neutral standpoint, yet makes it extendible across multiple media platforms
1:30 to 3:00
Packaging & Marketing
• How to create presentation materials that will provide your property with a launch platform
• How to establish authorship before selling to studios or networks
• How to approach investors and the majors with a transmedia-ready concept
• How to build partnerships, fans and coalitions
3:15 to 4:15
• How to build talent alliances
• How to construct bridges between marketing, digital and creative
• How to develop transmedia blueprints and rollout strategies
• How to remain the visionary (consumer products & licensing)
• How to be everywhere at once
4:30 to 5:15
• How to establish intellectual property task forces and clearinghouses to maintain the property indefinitely
• How to incentivize divisions, partners, licensees, sponsors and fans
• How to resolve ongoing creative conflicts
• How to localize global properties
5:15 to 5:30
A Note of Inspiration: Transmedia Comes from the Future to Save the World
Using transmedia storytelling in our work to educate, effect social change, and make visible those children of the world who are not seen.
← Previous Story