“Rocky” star Sylvester Stallone says “Real Housewives”‘ Lisa Vanderpump recommended a con man to revamp his kitchen
Sylvester Stallone says he was ripped off, and part of the blame goes to "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Lisa Vanderpump.
"Rocky" star Stallone filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court on Monday, claiming that he's out $1.4 million after hiring a contractor in part on the recommendation of Vanderpump.
According to the suit, Stallone hired Mohamed Hadid in December 2009 to revamp his kitchen, including a 1,200-square foot extension, new cabinets, hardware, appliances and other improvements.
However, Stallone claims, not only did Hadid not inform him that he wasn't licensed to perform such work, but he attempted to overcharge the actor on material and labor, and performed "seriously substandard, defective and unsafe construction."
Read the full lawsuit here.
"Hadid is an unscrupulous, unlicensed predator who has left a trail of innocent victims in his wake," the suit reads.
Vanderpump's representative has not yet responded to TheWrap's request for comment.
Among the many allegations against Hadid in the lawsuit, Stallone claims that Hadid promised to install "a premium wood kitchen butcher block that was in fact very cheap wood veneer fastened onto a plywood base," to the tune of $10,000.
Hadid also allegedly installed "unsafe electrical wiring, including [an] electrical conduit that had been run through rain gutters and downspouts," cracked and misaligned cabinets and doors, and "an inoperable and unsafe fire pit that does not comply with the building code."
Stallone wants his $1.4 million back, plus punitive and exemplary damages, interest and court costs.
Pamela Chelin contributed to this report.