The publicity stunt went horribly wrong — or right, depending on who you ask
Instead of fans flocking to Twitter to use the hashtag to ask questions about his career, his biggest critics bombarded him with sarcastic inquiries about everything from his sexually suggestive lyrics in “Blurred Lines,” that “Beetlejuice”-inspired suit he wore at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, and his efforts to win back estranged wife Paula Patton, who left him after numerous allegations of infidelity.
It’s actually incredibly hard to find a single sincere question for Thicke to answer when he’s supposed to start answering them at 1:30 p.m. ET.
In the meantime, take a look at a very small sampling of all the fun, below:
#AskThicke are you starting to think this hashtag might have been a bad idea now, or is it still blurred lines?
– Katie Saint (@KatieSaint_) July 1, 2014
#askthicke how does it feel to advocate sexual assault? Does it make you feel like a big strong man? Does it make you feel powerful?
– AJ Saxon (@AJSaxon1) July 1, 2014
– Mary-Helen Clark (@ASHMHC) July 1, 2014
Will you be firing the person that persuaded you this was a good idea? #AskThicke
– Ed Phillips (@HopperFox) July 1, 2014
– Kayleigh Toma (@kay_toma) July 1, 2014
#AskThicke Is your surname pronounced “Thicke” or “Thicke”?
– M.C.Hawk (@mchawk) July 1, 2014
– Sansa Lannister (@TheDove_Stark) July 1, 2014
– lisa angulo reid (@thelisareid) July 1, 2014
why do i have to #AskThicke i know he wants it
– Isaac Langley (@_isaaclangley_) July 1, 2014
#AskThicke Why did you cheat on your Wife?
– Joe Ã-zil Fan (@JGunners_7) July 1, 2014
#AskThicke Beetlejuice called and he wants his outfit back! What’s taking so long?
– Angela Cobb (@angelacobb) July 1, 2014
#AskThicke As a woman and educator I loved blurred lines I now can teach EVERYONE how to identify predators thanks to your rape anthem
– Soph (@itsfairybread) July 1, 2014
– Nick Pettigrew (@Nick_Pettigrew) July 1, 2014
#AskThicke It might seem like some of the questions on this hashtag are cruel and abusive but Robin, I know you want it
– Kitty (@KittyKnits) July 1, 2014