‘A Series of Unfortunate Events’ Confirmed to End After Season 3

Netflix series to conclude after adapting all 13 books, star Neil Patrick Harris says

“A Series of Unfortunate Events” star Neil Patrick Harris has confirmed that the Netflix series will conclude following its third season.

The series has already been picked up for a second and third season, but in an interview on Thursday, Harris confirmed that would be the extent of its run.

“We’re three seasons all in,” the actor told TV Guide. “We’ve intentionally been very truthful and factual and loyal to the books … We’ve added a few characters that aren’t in the books, we’ve added some songs that you probably couldn’t put into the books, but for the most part we’re sticking to the structure of what already worked.”

“A Series of Unfortunate Events” premiered last year with a 13-episode first season adapting four installments of the 13-book series of novels by Lemony Snicket. Harris’s comments on Thursday simply confirm what had become a widespread assumption among fans based on the pace established by the show’s first batch of episodes.

“A Series of Unfortunate Events” Season 2 will hit Netflix on March 30.