ABC Yanks ‘Great American Baking Show,’ Fires Judge Over Sexual Misconduct Accusations

Four former employees accused master baker Johnny Iuzzini of sexual harassment or abuse

Last Updated: December 13, 2017 @ 5:47 PM

ABC has pulled “The Great American Baking Show” from its schedule after just one episode following accusations of sexual misconduct against star judge Johnny Iuzzini.

“In light of allegations that recently came to our attention, ABC has ended its relationship with Johnny Iuzzini and will not be airing the remainder of ‘The Great American Baking Show’ episodes,” a network spokesperson said in a statement. “ABC takes matters such as those described in the allegations very seriously and has come to the conclusion that they violate our standards of conduct.”

The baking competition show will be replaced on the schedule by “The Great Christmas Light Fight” and “CMA Country Christmas” this week and next. The winner of this season, its second under the current title, will be announced in the future.


Also Read: Mario Batali Accused of Sexual Misconduct by Four Women; Removed From ABC's 'The Chew'

An award-winning pastry chef, Iuzzini was accused of inappropriate behavior by four former employees in a Mic report last month. The unnamed women described being touched, licked and groped by Iuzzini without their permission during his time at the Manhattan restaurant Jean-Georges.

In a statement to Mic, Iuzzini denied some of the allegations and said he was “shattered and heartbroken at the thought that any of my actions left members of my team feeling hurt or degraded.”

Based on the hit British series “The Great British Bake-Off,” “The Great American Baking Show” was hosted by Ayesha Curry and former NFL star Anthony “Spice” Adams.

Iuzzini served as judge alongside British baker Paul Hollywood, who starred in the hit British version of the show.

79 Hollywood and Media Heavyweights Accused of Sexual Misconduct Since Harvey Weinstein

(Tap photo and swipe to view gallery)