Alyssa Milano Chooses Motherhood Over ‘Mistresses,’ Will Not Return for Season 3

The actress says she’s exiting the show because production is moving to Vancouver

Last Updated: October 1, 2014 @ 10:23 AM

Alyssa Milano announced on Wednesday that she will be leaving the ABC series “Mistresses” ahead of the show’s third season.

“After two wonderful seasons in Los Angeles, the studio has decided to shoot season three of ‘Mistresses’ in Vancouver, Canada for financial reasons,” Milano said in a statement posted on her personal blog.

Also read: The Most and Least Liked Fall TV Actresses: Kerry Washington, Mariska Hargitay to Rachel Bilson, Tea Leoni

“It’s with a heavy heart that I have decided that I can’t relocate,” Milano continued. “I have two babies under 4. Being a mother and wife comes first and I just cannot uproot my children and separate the family by moving away.”

As TheWrap previously reported, ABC renewed “Mistresses” for a third season on Tuesday. The summer drama series also stars Rochelle Aytes, Jes Macallan and Yunjin Kim.

Also read: NBC Plans ‘Law & Order: SVU,’ ‘Chicago Fire’ and ‘Chicago PD’ Three-Way Crossover

“I will miss this job desperately and wish everyone the absolute best,” Milano said.

“Mistresses” was adapted from the U.K. series of the same name. Rina Mimoun (“Gilmore Girls”), K.J. Steinberg (“Gossip Girl”), Robert Sertner (“Revenge”) and Douglas Rae (“Wuthering Heights”) serve as executive producers on the show.

In a statement, ABC confirmed her departure: “As her tweet said — she’s a young mom with two young children and is opting out of making the move.”

Keep
Reading...

Looks like you’re enjoying reading
Keep reading by creating
a free account or logging in.