In addition to holding auditions across the country, “America’s Got Talent” will once again be turning to the web to find the next superstar with its online submission platform.
Fans of “AGT” will be able to refer their favorite acts to “Talent Scout,” uploading videos of friends and family that they think have what it takes to win the competition.
“Talent Scout offers the chance for viewers to nominate undiscovered talent that the world needs to see,” executive producer Jason Raff said in a statement. “We started this program last year and that’s how we found out about Quintavious Johnson, the 12-year-old singer who made it to the finals. A friend of the family submitted his video online, and a few months later Quintavious was performing for a million dollars at Radio City Music Hall.”
See photos: 62 Fall TV Actors Ranked by Popularity
That friend was Jana Officer, who says she knew posting Johnson’s routine to “Talent Scout” would pay off.
“I was so determined for the world to see Quintavious Johnson and his God-given talent, so I submitted his video online,” Officer said. “If you truly believe in someone’s talent, even if it’s not your own, this is the way to go!”
The online auditions will run through March 2015. At the same time, the show will head back out on the road on a newly announced audition tour starting Nov. 2 in Tampa, Florida.
Season 9 of “America’s Got Talent,” starring judges Howie Mandel, Mel B., Heidi Klum and Howard Stern, and hosted by Nick Cannon, has been the #1 summer show in total viewers since the series premiered in 2006. Mat Franco became the first magician to ever win the competition in 2014.
Find the full list of audition cities below:
· Tampa – Tampa Convention Center (Sunday, November 2, 2014)
· Nashville – Music City Convention Center (Wednesday, November 5, 2014)
· Richmond – Greater Richmond Convention Center (Thursday, November 6, 2014)
· New York City – Pier 94 (Saturday, November 8 and Sunday November 9, 2014)
· Chicago – McCormick Place (Saturday, January 24 and Sunday, January 25, 2015)
· St. Louis – TBA (Monday, January 26, 2015)
· San Antonio – San Antonio Convention Center (Thursday, January 29, 2015)
· Albuquerque – TBA (Saturday, January 31, 2015)
· Santa Clara/San Francisco Area – Santa Clara Convention Center (Saturday, February 7, 2015)
· Seattle – TBA (Monday, February 9, 2015)
· Boise – TBA (Tuesday, February 10, 2015)
· Las Vegas – TBA (Thursday, February 12, 2015)
· Los Angeles – Los Angeles Convention Center (Saturday, February 14 and Sunday, February 15, 2015)