Joss Whedon has issued an apology to the people of South Korea’s capital city, Seoul, for filming “Avengers: Age of Ultron” there.
“I’m really gratefully and excited to be filming in your city. We’re going to mess it up a bit and inconvenience some people for a few days, and I apologize for that. I know that’s like. I live in Los Angeles,” Whedon said in a video (above). “I hope that it will be worth it.”
Also read: Hollywood’s Big Budget Film Exodus Loses California $9.6 Billion
The message comes as part of a larger campaign, in partnership with city officials, to make citizens aware that production on the upcoming Marvel blockbuster begins March 30 and ends on April 12.
“Avengers 2 starts shooting in Seoul on March 30. If you see a big green man, don’t be afraid,” the U.S. Embassy of Seoul tweeted last week.
Also read: ‘Captain America 2’ Sets ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ in Motion, Bob Iger Says
According to the country’s Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Earth’s mightiest heroes will be fighting an evil robot named Ultron (James Spader) “Gangnam Style,” as Whedon will be filming in the Gangnam District of Seoul after shooting on two massive bridges, Mapo Bridge and Cheongdam Bridge.
“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” which reunites Marvel’s most bankable star, Robert Downey Jr. with the rest of his profitable posse, hits theaters on May 1 in 2015.