“Bachelor in Paradise” contestant Amanda Stanton just returned from wrapping the season that was previously halted due to allegations of sexual misconduct, and she says that producers implemented stricter drinking rules.
“It was a really sped-up process, but it was like the same thing,” Stanton told TMZ in a video. “We had two drinks per hour, we couldn’t drink until noon which sounds like normal in the real world but they are up so early, so…”
TMZ reported the 2 drink max per hour rule last week. The interviewer then asked, “did the contestants ask for permission to have sex?”
“I don’t know if anyone did,” Stanton responded. “I know that you had to give consent.”
She added, “I feel very safe, that’s never been a question for me. I wouldn’t keep coming back — this is my third time around — so obviously I feel safe there.”
When “Bachelor in Paradise” resumed production after an investigation into sexual misconduct allegations, the show also implemented a new drug policy in which contestants have their bags searched for drugs they are not prescribed.
Production on the ABC reality TV show was paused on June 11 after an encounter between contestants Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson, which Olympios claimed had been non-consensual. Warner Bros., which produces the show through Warner Horizon Television, announced last month that no evidence of misconduct had been found and that production would resume.
Olympios’ attorney, Martin Singer, responded to the announcement with a statement in which he said that complaints of misconduct were also sent in from the show’s producers and crew members, and that his own team would continue their own investigations.
“It comes as no surprise that Warner Bros., as a result of its own internal investigation, would state that no wrong doing had occurred,” Singer said. “Our own investigation will continue based on multiple new witnesses coming forward revealing what they saw and heard.”
Olympios’ team has since concluded the investigation to her “satisfaction” and the former contestant is “happy about the changes that have been made to the production.”
Warner Bros. has not yer responded to TheWrap’s request for comment.
Watch the video below.