‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Contestant DeMario Jackson Speaks Out Against ‘Malicious Allegations’

“It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week,” Jackson says

Last Updated: June 14, 2017 @ 6:17 PM

“Bachelor in Paradise” contestant DeMario Jackson has spoken out for the first time since production on the show was shutdown amid allegations of sexual misconduct.

“It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations,” Jackson said in a statement obtained by TheWrap Wednesday. “I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.”

Earlier on Wednesday, Corinne Olympios came forward with a statement calling the event’s leading up to the shutdown her “worst nightmare.” The former “Bachelor” contestant also announced that she had hired top Hollywood attorney Marty Singer to represent her.

“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4,” Olympios said. “Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production.

“As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality,” she continued. “As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.”

Warner Bros., the studio behind the “Bachelor” franchise, said Sunday it halted production on the popular ABC reality show following “allegations of misconduct,” and that an investigation is underway. It appeared to involve questions about whether a sexual encounter occurred between two cast members, and whether the female contestant was too inebriated to give consent.

The “Bachelor” spinoff, which shoots in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, was scheduled to premiere on Tuesday, Aug. 8. No decision has been made about whether the show will be continued in the future.