We've Got Hollywood Covered
|

Bobby Flay Signs New Food Network Deal After Stalled Negotiations Almost Led to Exit

Celebrity chef will be sticking with Discovery-owned cable channel for three more years

Bobby Flay has signed a new three-year deal with Food Network, the cable channel said Monday, following reports last month that negotiations had broken down between the two sides over financial terms and Flay was likely to exit his TV home of 27 years.

Per the Discovery-owned cable channel, “The new deal spans three years and includes development of new content for Food Network as well as for elsewhere within the Discovery portfolio. Fans of the superstar chef will be seeing new episodes of Flay’s primetime culinary competition series, Beat Bobby Flay, along with a new project, ‘Bobby and Sophie on the Coast (wt)’, featuring the chef alongside his daughter Sophie, set to premiere in 2022. A versatile talent both on and off camera, Bobby has been a major influence in shaping how audiences experience the evolving world of food. One of the most respected food authorities and the longest-running Food Network talent to have new episodes or series in premieres, with this new deal Flay will be continuing to share his skills and talent with audiences globally for years to come.”

Flay will continue to have a hand in development and production of his own series through his Rock Shrimp Productions banner.

“We are thrilled to continue Bobby Flay’s long standing relationship with Food Network. He captivates our audience with his incredible culinary skill, fierce competitive spirit and his trademark ability to share a deep passion for food,” Courtney White, president of Food Network and streaming food content at Discovery Inc., said in a statement Monday. “Bobby generously invites viewers into his culinary world, sharing his #WeCook philosophy and inspiring everyone in the kitchen. Continuing this creative relationship with such an extraordinary talent is the perfect way to usher in the holidays.” 

Flay added: “I’m thrilled to extend my relationship with Food Network and Discovery. Although these talks to renew took a little longer than expected, the important thing is that both sides are happy that we can now build on an already rock solid foundation. Stay tuned for some incredibly exciting new shows as I promise to take food and cooking to places we’ve never imagined before.”

Food Network’s relationship with Flay began with his first appearance in 1994 and expanded in 1996 as he began co-hosting his own series, “Grillin’ & Chillin.'” Since then, Flay has been known for hosting and appearing on a large number of Food Network titles, including “BBQ Brawl,” “Bobby Flay’s Barbeque Addiction,” “Boy Meets Grill,” “Brunch @ Bobby’s,” “Food Network Star,” “FoodNation with Bobby Flay,” “Grill It! with Bobby Flay,” “Hot Off the Grill,” “Iron Chef America,” “Throwdown with Bobby Flay,” his digital series “Bobby Flay Fit” and numerous holiday specials and guest appearances.

Flay is repped by WME’s Jon Rosen.

Variety first reported the news that Flay had signed a new pact with Food Network after resuming negotiations.