Charlie Sheen Case Not Closed, Say Police and Attorney

NYPD spokesman says of reports that Sheen has been cleared: “They’re wrong”

Last Updated: December 15, 2010 @ 7:56 AM

Is Charlie Sheen in celebration mode? Maybe he shouldn't be.

Despite reports Tuesday that the "Two and a Half Men" star will not be charged in a hotel room bustup and a confrontation with a porn star in New York City on Oct. 26, an NYPD spokesman says the case is not closed.

As for the reports that it is, Det. Brian Sessa told TheWrap: "They're wrong."

Keith Davidson, an attorney for porn actress Capri Anderson, added in a statement to TheWrap late Tuesday:

"The story that the NYDA has determined not to file charges against Sheen for the events at The Plaza is NOT true.

"The Deputy District attorney assigned to the case has stated that the investigation into the crimes allegedly committed by Charlie Sheen on October 25th-26th, 2010, has not been completed and that no determination has been made as to what crimes, if any, Mr. Sheen will be charged with.

"The DDA added that the DA's office alone is the sole charging authority in New York and that they are working diligently to conclude this pending investigation and charging determination."

An email to Sheen's attorney was not immediately returned, and the D.A.'s office declined to comment.

Anderson, who gave a statement to police last month, has said she went with the actor to dinner and later to the Plaza Hotel, where he snorted a white powder, kissed her, lifted her skirt, and backed her onto a bed. He then put his hands around her neck, she said.

Anderson, whose real name is Christina Walsh, said she tried to flee the actor and hid in a bathroom, and that he tore open her purse and riddled the room with its contents. Police reportedly found the room trashed.

Sheen has sued Walsh, claiming she tried to extort him for "at least One Million Dollars.”

At no time did Sheen assault, batter or threaten Walsh,” the suit says. Sheen also says he believes Walsh tried to steal a $165,000 watch from him.

Anderson has said Sheen offered her money not to talk about the night, which ended with police taking Sheen to a hospital for evaluation.

Sheen's spokesman, Stan Rosenfeld, said at the time that Sheen had had an "adverse allergic reaction" to medication.  

Sheen's lawyer, Yale Galanter, said in a statement that Anderson "never made any allegation of wrongful conduct on the part of Mr. Sheen the night of the incident. She has posted on her website that she was 'fine' after the incident but if you wanted to see more of her enter the web site for money."