Kevin Spacey won’t face charges stemming from accusations that he sexually assaulted an acquaintance in 1992, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said Tuesday.
“The reporting party alleged that he was the victim of a sexual assault by the suspect in 1992,” paperwork from the district attorney’s office said. “The allegation is outside the statute of limitations, therefore, an analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence is not warranted and prosecution is declined.”
According to the district attorney’s office, the accusation, in this case, did not involve an underage victim.
In August, the district attorney’s office announced that it was looking into a second sexual assault case against Spacey, following an initial case presented to the office in April.
In November 2017, Spacey was accused of assaulting “Star Trek: Discovery” actor Anthony Rapp when Rapp was 14. Since then, Spacey’s charitable foundation has shut down operations, and London’s Old Vic Theatre, which Spacey served at as artistic director, opened a confidential hotline for anyone who says they were abused by Spacey to report their incidents.
Multiple other men have since accused him of sexual assault and misconduct during the #MeToo movement.
He was also fired from his lead role on “House of Cards,” and his most recent film, “Billionaire Boys Club,” bombed at the box office, with a $618 opening weekend — Spacey’s career low.
Spacey responded to Rapp’s account but has since remained silent over the other accusations.