Presidential candidate Donald Trump made the mistake of participating in a Twitter Q&A on Monday, inviting a slew of insults and jabs from social media users.
The candidate sent out a call for questions Monday on morning with the hashtag #AskTrump. While some presented the Republican frontrunner with legitimate questions, pushing him to clarify his policy positions, others seized the hashtag as a chance to mock and insult him.
“I’m curious, what does being a racist piece of trash feel like?” wrote Twitter user @Electrodium.
“You do realise you’re gonna lose right ??” asked @huffyhowell.
Trump will reply to some of the questions from Twitter headquarters this afternoon, but until then see some of the most trenchant tweets below:
– Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 21, 2015
I’m curious, what does being a racist piece of trash feel like? #AskTrump
– Liberty Prime II (@Electrodium) September 21, 2015
#AskTrump Have you gotten to second base with Ivanka?
– John F Dillon (@JFD8) September 21, 2015
#AskTrump Are you a Mexican or a Mexican’t?
– James Newbury (@jimmynimble) September 21, 2015
– José Andrés (@chefjoseandres) September 21, 2015
– rob delaney (@robdelaney) September 21, 2015