Power Women Breakfast New York: “”It is super hard to constantly be dealing with negative comments about how I’m a bimbo and I should keep my mouth shut,” model/actress/entrepreneur says
Actress, activist, model and entrepreneur Emily Ratajkowski spoke candidly on Monday about how “exhausting” it can be “fighting the good fight” on political and social justice causes.
“It is super hard to constantly be dealing with negative comments about how I’m a bimbo and I should keep my mouth shut,” Ratajkowski told Glamour magazine Editor-in-Chief Samantha Barry at TheWrap’s Power Women Breakfast New York City. “That’s exhausting.”
Ratajkowski discussed the art of building a personal brand while advocating for causes like feminism, bodily autonomy and reproductive rights.
The star, who has over 23 million Instagram followers, spoke of the value of being able to send direct images and messages straight to the people she wants to target — to promote both her personal causes as well as her clothing line, Inamorata. With that brand, she said she is “rejecting the tired old myths about body image” and embracing “the full spectrum of the female form.”
Watch the video of the full discussion above.
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- Access to full length Members-Only Video archive
- Video of notable sessions from TheWrap Events (TheGrill, Power Women Summit)
- VIP seating for TheWrap's Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to 'chill spots' at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers