Fire on CBS Radford Studio Lot Leads to Evacuation

Blaze broke out in sound stage dimmer room, leading to brief evacuation at studio

Last Updated: July 25, 2016 @ 5:19 PM

A fire on the CBS Studio Center lot in Studio City on Monday led to an evacuation of one of the lot’s buildings, TheWrap has learned.

The fire first broke out in the dimmer room of a sound stage at the studio – also known as the Radford lot – and was quickly extinguished, according to an individual familiar with the situation. Operations are expected to resume in the building shortly.

“Entertainment Tonight” host Kevin Frazier shared video of the evacuation on Facebook, reporting that the entire building was evacuated. A security guard can be seen telling Frazier and his co-host Nancy O’Dell to stand back due to smoke.

Another video shows fire fighters gaining access to the roof as they extinguish the fire.

“They’re walking us out. We barely got the show done,” O’Dell says in the video.

Keep
Reading...

Looks like you’re enjoying reading
Keep reading by creating
a free account or logging in.