David Zaslav and Leslie Moonves had very different years
The U.S. economy had a pretty good 2018, and so did many of Hollywood’s top TV, film and media executives.
Making the most coin — by far — was Discovery chief David Zaslav, who saw his executive compensation soar to $129.4 million. That dwarfed the other guys (and we do mean guys) on this list, especially with disgraced CBS boss Leslie Moonves leaving the field in September.
As part of Moonves’ separation agreement from his former employer, the man accused by numerous women of sexual misconduct had to forfeit $34.5 million. For what it’s worth, Moonves still made more money in his abbreviated 2018 than Dish chairman Charlie Ergen did across 12 months — nearly four times more.
Below is TheWrap‘s list of executive compensation details from 2017 corporate SEC filings. To compare it to past years, click through our previous annual reports:
We will be updating this story as more major media companies report the take-home pay of their top executives.
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- Access to full length Members-Only Video archive
- Video of notable sessions from TheWrap Events (TheGrill, Power Women Summit)
- VIP seating for TheWrap's Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to 'chill spots' at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers