“The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1” is tearing up the box office, despite getting the least-positive reviews thus far of the movie franchise.
That said, the impressive opening weekend take won’t match the massive dollar amounts hauled in by the film’s two predecessors either.
Currently, “Mockingjay – Part 1” is sitting at a modest 67 percent freshness rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The first “Hunger Games” theatrical installment, released in 2012, has an 84 percent freshness rating, and the 2013 sequel has earned an impressive 89 percent positive rating.
Online and at their local ticket booths, some fans are ignoring the less-than-stellar reviews, while others are embracing them. Love or hate the third installment, there are some pretty funny tweets out there commenting on this weekend’s big film.
Have a laugh on us — here are 11 of the most humorous “Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1” reactions on Twitter:
The new “Hunger Games” movie inspired me. Now I want to become a brave, beautiful woman.
– Robert P. Murphy (@BobMurphyEcon) November 22, 2014
Fire alarm went off in the theater during Hunger Games. 100% of theater goers thought the capitol was coming for them.
– Tessa Violet (@meekakitty) November 22, 2014
Why do they all do the brownies salute on hunger games I swear not all of them are brownies
– Joan Blake’s son (@Canary_Sam) November 21, 2014
– nascarcasm (@nascarcasm) November 21, 2014
I want a HUNGER GAMES spin-off about Stanley Tucci. Who is he? What’s his day like? What are his hopes and dreams? Who is his dentist?
– Russell Hainline (@RussellHFilm) November 21, 2014
– Gary Whitta (@garywhitta) November 21, 2014
“Ha ha ha! You… you crazy, man. You crazy. No, but seriously, what are these peoples’ ACTUAL names?” – HUNGER GAMES studio meeting, Day 1
– Bob Chipman (@the_moviebob) November 21, 2014
Harry Potter fans: I wanna go to Hogwarts. Narnia fans: I wanna go to Narnia. Hunger Games fans: Nope I’m good.
– Just Smile (@JUST_SMlLE) November 21, 2014
For the record I’ve been running hunger games for thousands of years.
– God (@TheTweetOfGod) November 21, 2014
Happy Hunger Games! …If Katniss and Peeta were a celebrity couple in real life their name would be Katpee -or- Peeniss
– Ali Baker probably (@alibakes) November 21, 2014
The only downside to THE HUNGER GAMES’ popularity will come in 20 years, when all the strippers are named Katniss.
– Eric D. Snider (@EricDSnider) November 21, 2014