‘Baby Daddy’ Star Jean-Luc Bilodeau Hospitalized When Halloween Costume Catches Fire

Lead of ABC Family series expected to make a full recovery

“Baby Daddy” star Jean-Luc Bilodeau was hospitalized when his Halloween costume caught fire at a party on Saturday.

The ABC Family actor was attending a party at the home of his co-star Tahj Mowry when he got too close to an open flame and his cottonball-laden alpaca costume caught fire.

He is expected to make a full recovery, and an individual with knowledge of the situation told TheWrap that he is in good spirits and his co-stars have been visiting him as he recovers.

Production on the series has been temporarily halted and the schedule will be rearranged to accommodate his injury. The show’s Season 5 premiere date, now set for Feb. 3, will not be affected.

“From what we understand, it was no one’s fault and this was merely a freak accident. Per his doctor, he is expected to make a full recovery,” Bilodeau’s reps said in a statement.

“While this accident is extremely unfortunate, it serves as a reminder that Halloween costumes and Halloween make-up can be extremely dangerous and flammable,” the statement continued. “Please exercise precautions this season and be mindful of what you are putting on your body and face.”

“Baby Daddy” wrapped its fourth season in March, and was renewed by ABC Family for another 10-episode season. Season 5 of the ABC Family series will premiere Feb. 3.

Keep
Reading...

Looks like you’re enjoying reading
Keep reading by creating
a free account or logging in.