Kevin Spacey Sexual Assault Case Under Review by LA District Attorney

Case was presented to D.A.’s sexual assault task force by Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department last week

Last Updated: April 11, 2018 @ 2:19 PM

The Los Angeles District Attorney’s office is reviewing a sexual assault case against Kevin Spacey sent by the County Sheriff’s Dept.

The case was presented on April 5 to the office’s special task force handling sexual assault in Hollywood, the D.A. told TheWrap. No further details were added.

Spacey has not yet faced criminal charges for any of the accusations made against him, but damage to his career has been significant. He was removed from the hit show “House of Cards,” which earned him five Emmy nominations. Accusations against him also triggered reshoots for the Ridley Scott film “All The Money In The World,” which saw Spacey’s performance as oil tycoon J. Paul Getty replaced by Christopher Plummer — who earned an Academy Award nomination for the role.

The accusations against Spacey began in November when “Star Trek: Discovery” actor Anthony Rapp accused the former “House of Cards” star of sexually assaulting him when he was 14. Since then, Spacey’s charitable foundation has shut down operations, and London’s Old Vic Theatre, which Spacey served at as artistic director, opened a confidential hotline for anyone who says they were abused by Spacey to report their incidents.

In November, the Old Vic said that it had received more than 20 complaints of “inappropriate behavior” against Spacey, and advised 12 of the complainants to bring their accounts to the police. Some of the accusations against Spacey are also being investigated by Scotland Yard, though no formal charges have yet come from them.

Aside from Rapp’s accusation, Spacey has not responded to any of the accusations against him.

Keep
Reading...

Looks like you’re enjoying reading
Keep reading by creating
a free account or logging in.