New Mark Halperin Accuser Disputes Claim That Sexual Misconduct Ended at ABC News

Katharine Glenn describes being harassed by Halperin in 2011 to the Daily Beast

Another woman has come forward to accuse Mark Halperin of sexual harassment, disputing the pundit’s claim that his bad behavior was limited to his tenure at ABC News.

In an interview with the Daily Beast, Katharine Glenn described an incident at a dinner party while she was a student at Tulane University, in 2011, well after he left ABC. Glenn said Halperin, who was seated next to her, put his hand on her thigh and invited her back to his hotel room, under the pretense of helping her career.

“It was gross, kind of pathetic,” she said. “He had no bearing on my career, so I wasn’t scared, just sort of grossed out… ‘Go find someone your own age,’ I thought. He was twice my age. It was all lecherous and gross.”

The “Game Change” author, who has been accused of sexual harassment by multiple women, apologized for his behavior on Friday, saying that he had sought therapy “to work on understanding the personal issues and attitudes that caused me to behave in such an inappropriate manner.”

Two other sources told the Daily Beast that Halperin made similar advances on multiple other students at Tulane, on one occasion requiring a professor to “intervene.” A university spokesperson said it had not heard of the incident before and would be investigating the matter.

Earlier this week, CNN published five accounts accounts of five unnamed women who claimed that Halperin made inappropriate sexual advances while he worked at ABC News more than a decade ago. Several other women have since come forward with similar stories.

“During this period, I did pursue relationships with women that I worked with, including some junior to me. I now understand from these accounts that my behavior was inappropriate and caused others pain,” Halperin told CNN. “For that, I am deeply sorry and I apologize. Under the circumstances, I’m going to take a step back from my day-to-day work while I properly deal with this situation.”

Since the CNN report, Halperin has been suspended by MSNBC. HBO also ditched plans to adapt a book Halperin was co-authoring about the 2016 election into a miniseries. Penguin Press also abandoned plans to publish the book itself.