Power Women Breakfast NYC: “Every single one of us is touched by (mental health) in some way,” NYC First Lady says
NYC First Lady Chirlane McCray at TheWrap’s Power Women Breakfast in New York City explained why she has made mental health issues her mission since her husband, Bill DeBlasio, was elected mayor of New York City.
“Every single one of us is touched by (mental health) in some way,” she said.
McCray also discussed the intersectionality of mental health as a social issue, with McCray noting that it’s impossible to talk about LGBTQ issues or homelessness without also talking about mental health.
TheWrap’s Power Women Breakfast franchise brings together influential women in entertainment, media, technology and finance in key cities to network and connect. Tuesday’s NYC event also included Glamour magazine’s Samantha Barry, actress and activity Emily Ratajkowski and new “CBS Evening News” anchor Norah O’Donnell.
Watch the full video above.
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- Access to full length Members-Only Video archive
- Video of notable sessions from TheWrap Events (TheGrill, Power Women Summit)
- VIP seating for TheWrap's Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to 'chill spots' at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers