Paul Rudd has been entertaining audiences for 20 years, starting with his breakout turn as Alicia Silverstone’s ex-stepbrother in the classic high school comedy “Clueless.” Since then, he has served as one of Judd Apatow’s many muses, standing in for the director alongside his real family in “Knocked Up” and “This Is 40.”
Friday brings the release of Marvel’s “Ant-Man,” which may be Rudd’s biggest movie yet, as well as his smallest character. Rudd got into superhero shape for the role but fortunately his silver tongue remains in tact, with his knack for comedy serving him well over the years, as outlined below.
There were plenty of tough omissions from this list, as Rudd has had a highly-quotable career, but here are TheWrap‘s 10 favorite lines. Let us know what your favorite Paul Rudd movie quote is in the comments section below.
1. I Love You, Man – “Totes McGotes.”
2. Wet Hot American Summer – “You taste like a burger. I don’t like you anymore.”
3. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy -“They’ve done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.”
4. The 40-Year-Old Virgin (tie) – “This is so us.” & “You look like a man-o-lantern.”
5. Forgetting Sarah Marshall (tie) – “When life gives you lemons, just say ‘Fuck the lemons,’ and bail.” & “You sound like you’re from London!”
6. Knocked Up – “Marriage is like that show ‘Everybody Loves Raymond,’ but it’s not funny. All the problems are the same, but it’s, you know, instead of all the funny, pithy dialogue, everybody’s just really pissed off and tense. Marriage is like an unfunny, tense version of ‘Everybody Loves Raymond,’ but it doesn’t last 22 minutes. It lasts forever.”
7. Clueless (no clip available) – “Hey, James Bond, in America we drive on the right side of the road.”
9. Prince Avalanche – “There’s a difference between being lonely and being alone.”
10. Ant-Man (tie) – “So sorry I’m late, I was saving the world. You know how that is.” & “Pick on someone your own size!”