The official results of Prince’s autopsy have confirmed that the singer died of a self-administered fentanyl overdose.
The music legend was found dead on April 21, and on Thursday the Midwest Medical Examiner’s office released the results of the autopsy that was conducted shortly thereafter.
Here are five things that we learned from the report.
Prince overdosed on Fentanyl
Previous reports said the singer overdosed of unspecific opioid use, but Thursday’s results confirmed that the cause of his death was “self-administered fentanyl.”
The painkiller was apparently prescribed to Prince following a hip surgery.
The week before his death, Prince’s plane reportedly made an emergency landing at Quad City International Airport in Moline, Illinois, as the singer was en route home from a concert in Atlanta. He was rushed to a nearby hospital and was reportedly treated for an overdose of the opioid painkiller Percocet and released after three hours, according to TMZ.
He was wearing almost all black
Descriptions of the singer’s clothes in the autopsy report say he was wearing all black — with the exception of a grey undershirt — including black socks and underwear, as well as a “black cap.”
Prince was found unresponsive in the elevator at his Paisley Park estate on the morning of April 21. Responders were unable to revive him.
He had a scars on his hip and leg
The report states that the singer had a scar on his “right lower leg,” as well as on his left hip.
Prince had previously undergone surgery on his hip, for which he was reportedly prescribed painkillers.
He was quite “petite”
A few of Prince’s physical details are also revealed in the autopsy report, which describes his build as “petite.” At the time of his death, the singer was 5-feet-3-inches tall and weighed just 112 pounds.
He did not commit suicide
The autopsy lists the manner of death as “accident.”