If Roman Polanski wants the case against him dismissed, he should surrender first, the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office told a court on Tuesday. Last month, Polanski, who fled the country over 30 years ago after pleading guilty to having sex with a minor, asked the Los Angeles County Superior Court to drop the case last month because of judicial misconduct illuminated in a documentary, "Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired." But prosecutors said that because Polanski is a fugitive, he must show up for sentencing if he wants his case changed. The filing described in detail the "Chinatown" director’s 1977 crime, saying he gave the 13-year-old girl "multiple glasses of Champagne and a portion of a Quaalude pill, and then proceeded to orally copulate this child, have sexual intercourse with this child, and sodomize this child." A hearing in the case is scheduled for Jan. 21.