A man who was convicted of stalking Sandra Bullock was found dead in his California home from a self-inflicted wound, according to multiple media reports.
ABC7 reports that Joshua Corbett, 42, barricaded himself in his La Crescenta home on Wednesday after a standoff with SWAT officers. According to media reports, he threatened violence during the standoff.
A spokesperson for LAPD has not yet responded to TheWrap’s request for comment, but told People that officers arrived at the address in regards to a possible parole violation. Police would not confirm whether the injury was from a gunshot but did confirm no gunshots were fired during the incident.
In 2014, Corbett was tried and sentenced for stalking Bullock and breaking into her home. In a restraining order filed last year, Bullock said that Corbett was carrying a notebook “with multiple pages of scribbled entries, some dated June 4 and June 7, 2014, which repeatedly describe lurid and sexual acts including multiple entries detailing his intention to sexually assault me” when he was arrested after entering her home on June 8, 2014.
According to the papers, Corbett has a long criminal record dating back to 1992, and has been classified as “mentally disturbed” while in custody.
The court papers also said that a number of illegal firearms, including several that have “extremely high killing capacities and the potential for mass destruction,” were found at Corbett’s home.
Bullock also said that surveillance footage captured Corbett “stalking me outside of my residence on three prior evenings” before the June 8, 2014 incident.
He received five years probation for the incident, as well as a 10-year protective order.