We are pleased to announce the Industry Jury for the ShortList Film Festival, which kicks off August 9 – 23 and streams on TheWrap for two weeks.
The 2016 jury includes:
- Director Catherine Hardwicke (“Twilight,” “Lords of Dogtown,” “Thirteen”)
- Jennifer Levine, President of Production and Literary Management, Untitled Entertainment
- Bec Smith, agent, United Talent Agency
- Kevin Iwashina, Founder & CEO, Preferred Content
- Mark Gill, President, Millenium Films
Jurors will deliberate and select a top short film from the festival to receive the $5,000 Jury Prize.
Presented by PepsiCo’s Creators League Studio and Imax, the ShortList Film Festival brings viewers the very best award-winning short films from around the world, choosing 12 finalists from among films that have won awards at festivals in the previous year.
Now in its fifth year, the ShortList comes off the incredible momentum of 2015 when jurors selected Chilean animated short “Bear Story” as last years festival winner, as did the online audience. The film went on to win the Academy Award this year for Animated Short Film.
Watch and vote for your favorite to win the Audience Prize on ShortListfilmfestival.com August 9- 23, 2016.