Terry Crews’ Sexual Assault Case Against Adam Venit Rejected by City Attorney

“Brooklyn Nine-Nine” star accused WME agent of groping him at a party

Prosecutors will not file charges against Adam Venit, the WME agent accused of groping Terry Crews, the Los Angeles City Attorney’s office said Wednesday.

Crews filed a sexual assault complaint against Venit with the Los Angeles Police Department in December, and the case was referred to the district attorney’s office, which subsequently referred the case to the city attorney’s office for misdemeanor filing consideration.

The city attorney’s office then determined that the alleged incident at a party in February 2016 exceeded the one year statute of limitations and the matter was declined.

The “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” star came forward to accuse Venit of groping him at a party last year, and has since continued to pursue action against his former agent, including in a separate civil suit.

WME completed a two-week investigation into Venit’s conduct and stripped him of his position as head of the agency’s motion picture group, opting to keep him on as an agent — a move Crews described at the time as Venit getting “a pass.”

“[Venit] tried to tell everyone it wasn’t sexual. How do you do that? How is that possible? The level of ridiculousness that this has gone to, and they’re looking at me as if I’m ridiculous for even saying anything,” Crews said. “I’m not putting up with it. No one should. No woman, no child, no man, anywhere, in whatever business, should ever put up with being treated less than a human being, ever.”