Hawaii police are investigating “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette” creator Mike Fleiss after his wife, Laura Fleiss, accused him of attacking her in a request for a restraining order earlier this week.
The Kauai Police Department said on Wednesday that it is currently investigating the incident, which Laura said took place over Fourth of July weekend.
On Tuesday, a Los Angeles County judge granted Laura’s temporary restraining order, ordering Mike to stay 100 yards away from her. As part of her petition, Laura further described her accusations, as well as a pattern of verbal and emotional abuse, and submitted photos and security camera images showing physical violence.
Laura, who is pregnant, said that Mike confronted her at the couple’s Kauai home, demanding that she have an abortion and threatened her with physical violence. “He grabbed my body, forcibly pinned me up against the wall and held me there,” she wrote in her declaration. She further accused him of pushing her off the footrail of a truck “12-18 inches off of the ground” and threatened to throw her down the stairs.
She said that she filed a report with local police shortly after the incident.
In a response filing, Mike denied Laura’s account, saying that she was in fact the one who attacked him. “I have not hurt, attacked or attempted to physically harm Laura or our child Benjamin Fleiss, “Ben,” in any way,” he wrote.
Mike Fleiss filed for divorce in Los Angeles Superior Court on July 10.
Warner Horizon, which produces Fleiss’ hugely successful dating competition shows, said Tuesday it was investigating the matter.
“Mike has made many emotionally derogatory and demeaning comments designed to demonstrate his financial coercive control over me, such as repeatedly insinuating that he would destroy me with his wealth and power,” Laura Fleiss wrote. “He consistently would call me ‘fat,’ telling me that I need to lose weight, and berate me as being ‘lazy’ and ‘incapable’ … The continued verbal and emotional abuse have wreaked havoc on my self-esteem.”