Tomi Lahren took to Twitter on Sunday night to blast “snowflakes” who walked out on Vice President Mike Pence’s commencement speech at Notre Dame on Sunday. “Good luck holding a job, kids!” she tweeted.
Snowflakes think this kind of crap will fly in the real world? Good luck holding a job, kids! https://t.co/O19otIrW77
— Tomi Lahren (@TomiLahren) May 22, 2017
Lahren, who is currently in between jobs, was quickly mocked by critics who found her comments to be lacking in self awareness.
@TomiLahren Yes, you know better than anyone that you can lose a job at any time
— david moye (@dmoyeweirdnews) May 22, 2017
@TomiLahren Seems like youre the snowflake. Can't handle a peaceful protest tht DOESNT follow your narrative Freedom of speech goes both ways, hypocrite
— My Nerdy Adventure (@CJamesFelts) May 22, 2017
@TomiLahren How did you do holding onto your job?
— james (@jamesgray_56) May 22, 2017
@TomiLahren Let me guess. You wrote this with zero self awareness and zero recognition of the hypocrisy
— Ted Hartman (@TedHartman1) May 22, 2017
— brandon® (@brandojerg) May 22, 2017
@TomiLahren Let me get my glasses….
Did you just say "hold a job"
— Tony Posnanski (@tonyposnanski) May 22, 2017
— cx (@cxcope) May 22, 2017
— Anthony Worden (@Agunner94) May 22, 2017
— ????Sara Amundson???? (@saraterror) May 22, 2017
Lahren recently settled a wrongful termination lawsuit against TheBlaze and its founder Beck, Lahren’s attorney Brian Lauten told TheWrap earlier this month. Per the settlement, Lahren kept her Facebook page, which boasts more than 4 million followers. However, Lahren agreed to return any intellectual property created by TheBlaze that has been posted on the Facebook account.
She sued last month after her show was suspended indefinitely. The suspension came shortly after Lahren acknowledged being pro-choice on an episode of the talk show “The View.” Lahren said that the suit was resolved “amicably” and supporters defender her against the Twitter critics.
— Steady (@surferamericana) May 22, 2017
— Vanilla Dazzle (@VanillaDazzle) May 22, 2017
Approximately 100 graduating Notre Dame students walked out of their commencement on Saturday as a staged protest against Pence, their commencement speaker. According to IndyStar, a group of students led by former student body president Bryan Ricketts had planned the protest since Pence was first announced as commencement speaker back in March.