"Two and a Half Men" will resume shooting Feb. 28, exactly a month after the show went on hiatus with Charlie Sheen's announcement that he was entering rehab, a studio insider told TheWrap.
The CBS sitcom will shoot four more episodes, bringing its total season to a reduced episode count of 20, said the insider at Warner Bros. TV, which produces the show. It had been scheduled to shoot 24 episodes before Sheen's rehab.
The decision comes after three days of back and forth between Sheen and his "Two and a Half Men" bosses. On Monday he said in a call to "The Dan Patrick Show" that he was ready to work but that the show wasn't ready to resume shooting. He joked that shooting would resume in "August of 2014, at this pace."
But, in good news for the show's producers, Sheen also said he was "100 percent" sober.
The show's creator, Chuck Lorre, responded with a vanity card at the end of Monday's "Two and a Half Men" joking that, given his own healthy lifestyle, "If Charlie Sheen outlives me, I'm gonna be really pissed."
Sheen told Patrick on Wednesday that he wasn't offended at all, and that he and Lorre are on good terms.
“This is a giant compliment," he said. "Chuck offered an olive branch, this is how I interpreted it. He’s going through all this stuff about what he does. This is about him personally. It doesn’t get to me, it’s not about me until the end. It’s a reflection of how he feels, in comparison to how my insane my life appears at times. So, I took it as a huge compliment."
Sheen announced his latest stint in rehab following a widely reported bender at his home and his hospitalization with what his rep said were "abdominal pains."