In light of last week’s Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v Wade, WrapWomen came together for a special episode of the “UnWrapped” Podcast featuring interviews with award-winning journalist and host of the podcast “Abortion: The Body Politic” Katie Couric, along with “Full House” star and abortion rights activist Jodie Sweetin, who was shoved to the ground by LAPD during an abortion rights protest on Saturday.
Hosts Emily Vogel and Andi Ortiz are also joined by guest host Sharon Waxman, founder of TheWrap and WrapWomen.
- Katie Couric says her mom working at Planned Parenthood “influenced [her] position on abortion” and made her “aware of the importance of of reproductive rights growing up.”
- Jodie Sweetin says she can’t be friends with people who are anti-abortion: “Hurting people’s feelings is just not on my list of things that I really give a shit about right now.”
- Katie Couric says the decision to overturn Roe v Wade shows “how much damage Donald Trump” has done to this country.
- Jodie Sweetin opens up about talking to her 11 and 14-year-old daughters about women’s reproductive rights, saying, “I can’t believe that we’re going back, that they’re going to live in a country where women have less rights than they did when I was young.
- Katie Couric says our “institutions have failed us.” (10:12)
- Jodie Sweetin says her video would not have received as much attention if it was of someone non-famous or a person of color.
- Katie Couric says our SCOTUS’s decision is Christian theology masked as extremism.
- Jodie Sweetin says “rage against the patriarchy, my friends, we got this.”
SUBSCRIBE: Apple Podcasts| Spotify | Amazon Music | Google Podcasts | Omny Studio | Stitcher
“UnWrapped” is a monthly podcast produced by WrapWomen, dedicated to empowering the next generation of women in media and entertainment. Each episode “unwraps” topics from entertainment news and industry trends to career advice, Hollywood headlines and more.
Special guests include industry leaders, actors, producers and studio execs. The aim of the series is to connect those looking for knowledge and access to those with the knowledge and access, providing the WrapWomen community tools to succeed in their personal and professional lives.
New episodes of “UnWrapped” drop the last Friday of every month. You can listen on TheWrap.com, WrapWomen.com, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music or wherever you get your podcasts.
WrapWomen is a power base of influential women from entertainment, media, technology and brands committed to changing the face of their industries. Through media and live events including the BE Mentorship Conference and flagship Power Women Summit, we provide a platform to accelerate the vision of women who are building towards a more equitable world. Our events attract a broad network and community of professional women who are decision-makers and mothers, leaders and wives, innovators and activists.
Follow us on Instagram @WrapWomen and on Twitter @TheWrapWomen.
Click here to sign up for our newsletter.